IMM

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 23:32:47 -0000, ":::Jerry::::"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 21:34:24 -0000, ":::Jerry::::"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .

[ re the British tax system ]

The whole setup needs to be dramatically scaled down.

Tax cuts are very popular..... until the service you need is done away
with...

With the exception of services such as defence, emergency services,
judiciary and others of that ilk, there is no need for government
involvement beyond making sure that there is directed funding for
those unable to make their own arrangements to be able to obtain them
- e.g. healthcare and education vouchers.

Beyond that, I see no reason for national or local government to have
an involvement in delivery in areas like healthcare, education and
pretty much everything else.

snip

As I've said to in the past, you seem to be one of those 'I'm alright,

sod
you' types,

You didn't read what I said

He did and he is right.