MikeS

"Peter" wrote in message

"Dave Stanton" wrote in message
news

1. He could not see that the electricity consumer unit was earthed to

the
pipe from the gas meter. I know the earth connection is there but it is

on
the other side of the wall, behind plasterboard.

Thanks, Chris

Its called bonding and the gas supply pipe directly after the meter is
bonded to the consumer earth point, not the other way around. I believe
it
is requirment that the connection is visible and marked as a safety
earth.

The cable is marked then as to which way round it goes ? only conducts
one
way like a diode ?

Peter,

Where did you get this information and where can one purchase one way
continuity wire?!! I thought a diode is the component that rectifies
electricity not the cable and why is it necessary to rectify the earth
continuity? Also if the gas inspector wanted to know if the meter was wire
for earth continuity could he test it with a meter?

MikeS