James Hart

Default new ring for computer room?

Owain wrote:
"John Rumm" wrote
You might want to consider wiring a few sockets in a short radial
circuit to power all of the computer kit - but then wiring back to
the output of a decent UPS. The UPS being fed from the existing
ring. Then label all the sockets that are UPS protected so that
SWMBO does not go plugging a vacuum cleaner into them!

And so that it is obvious that those sockets may still be energised
even when the main switch is Off.

I'm contemplating this for my office. Answerphone, phone system and main
computer would then still be online during outages. As all the sockets are
white I thought about using different coloured ones for the 'safe' ones,
should be obvious enough then.

--
James...
http://www.jameshart.co.uk/