Paul Mc Cann

In article , says...
Hi all,
We have recently made an oak staircase, which was glued together at the
joints. Excess glue was wiped off with a damp cloth at the time, and
bits which escaped this were scraped off with a chisel when dry. I am
currently staining and varnishing and the stain doesn't take where the
glue was wiped. I could sand this off but there is alot of it, mostly in
awkward corners and having just sanded, vacuumed and wiped the whole
thing I have no desire to start sanding again! Does anyone know of a
product which would remove the glue remains? Chemical name rather than
product name if possible since we are in France.

TIA
Holly

Scraper is your best bet (Cabinet scraper that is)

I don't know why people recommend wiping off excess pva glue with a wet
cloth as this is the inevitable result.

Careful use then removal of any excess when it has just gone off, with a
sharp chisel works best for me.
--
Paul Mc Cann