Mary Fisher

"Tony Williams" wrote in message
In article ,
Peter Stockdale wrote:

I also find it helps to have one's feet off the cold floor.
Duckboards or even pallets can help with this in the bench area.

Yes, a pair of 'ski boots' also helps.

The real problem I have with working in the garage
is that everything that has to be touched or picked
up is icy cold, with the inevitable effect on the
fingertips. Gloves help of course, but can be too
clumsy for some jobs.

It's very cold today and Spouse keeps coming in to warm his hands. He says
tht the very thin ply he's working with seems to be sucking the heat from
his fingers. Gloves would be impossible for the job he's doing - or most of
them because he's usually making very small items.

He stands on boards and mats, is wearing thick shoes and socks and I've told
him to keep the door closed and put on the fan heater. He - anyone - needs
to be comfortable in such circumstances. If you're not you don't do a good
job.

We'd like to know if there's anything more efficient in fuel use and heating
than the fan heater though. He won't use a gas heater because of wood dust
and flammble materials. An electric convector heater takes a long time to
warm the space.

He's not a wuss (and it's silly and offensive to accuse anyone of that).

Mary

--
Tony Williams.