John Rumm

Martin Wilson wrote:

Lastly could I replace the existing taps with a combined type with a
central shower line going up from the middle. I.e. would the bosch
combi boiler provide enough or any water pressure to power the shower
attachment. The height of the boiler is about 1/2ft below that of the
preposed shower head position. When I say the height of the boiler I
mean the height of its external casing, presumably the actual water
heating mechanism is about 1-2 ft below that of the shower head.

If it is a combi boiler then I presume you have mains pressure hot
water? In which case the shower mixer you describe should be fine. You
may have problems adjusting the temperature of the shower if the cold
feed to the taps is not also at mains pressure. One thing to considder
if this will be your "main" shower, is most taps with a built in shower
do not include any form of thermostatic control, you still have the
potential to get scalded / frozen when someone (or thing) decides to
turn on a tap elsewhere.

(The height of the boiler is going to be pretty much irrelevant in any
system - even on a gravity fed system the significant height will be
that of the cold water storage cistern in the loft).

--
Cheers,

John.