Martin Wilson

Default Bath advice

My first new thread to this forum I think.

I've got a solid old steel/enamel type bath which has a poor surface
and I'm looking to either replace the bath or hopefully go for the
easier option (or is it) of repainting/enamelling it. Anyone got
experience of this and how good are the results?

The currently bath sits in an area of the bathroom which was extended
to allow for it and has very thin walls on two sides. This area only
has room for a standard type bath and would prefer to go with a strong
steel bath again so it does seem a bit pointless ripping out a steel
bath to put in a near identical steel bath with just a better paint
job.

I'd like to know how easy it is to replace the chrome overfill and
outlet chrome ring while the bath is in situation. Also I'd like to
add even though I've done a fair bit of diy I've not done much in the
way previously of plumbing except minor things like changing washers
and fitting a washing machine and dishwasher.

Lastly could I replace the existing taps with a combined type with a
central shower line going up from the middle. I.e. would the bosch
combi boiler provide enough or any water pressure to power the shower
attachment. The height of the boiler is about 1/2ft below that of the
preposed shower head position. When I say the height of the boiler I
mean the height of its external casing, presumably the actual water
heating mechanism is about 1-2 ft below that of the shower head.

Any advice/info or tips greatly appreciatted.