Lee

Lurch wrote:

Doesn't matter, you've obviouisly been fed duff information. It's not
portable equipment that requires RCD protection, it's outlets that are
reasonably expected to supply portable equipment used outdoors. As it
is highly unlikely that you will plugging outdoor electrical
appliances into the 5A sockets then no RCD protection is required.
Also, you don't actually need RCD protection on any other sockets
technically, unless you're likely to be plugging in portable
appliances used outdoors, but most people do.
So in summary, no RCD protection for 5A sockets.

Whilst I accept that it would have to be a somewhat unusual situation
for a RCD to ever actually be useful in this case, I'd *personally*
still protect them with an RCD.
Mainly because then I'd feel safer plugging lamps in that had metal
parts - DI or not. Or should that be particularly if they *are* DI

Also they are not likely to be the only source of light so even that
argument doesn't really apply.

Lee

--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.