BigWallop

"Richard Sterry" wrote in message
Can anyone identify the type of non-return valve shown in this photo

please?

http://www.sterry.org.uk/temp/non-return_valve.jpg

I only looked inside briefly, but it appeared to consist of something

rather
like a semi-rigid plastic duck's bill - or perhaps more like the flattened
neck of those balloons that are designed to make a very loud (and rather
rude) noise when released!

You will appreciate that searching for "non-return valve" is a bit too
general, so a more specific generic or manufacturer's name would be a

great
help to me.

Many thanks

Rick

Where is this fitted, and to which type of appliance? Is it on the drainage
from a condenser boiler? I only ask because it looks like an anti-syphon
waste trap rather than any non-return valve I've ever seen. Saying that,
new technology seems to be overtaking me at the moment on plumbing parts.