Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Kate Dicey wrote:
Someone tries to steal from you and you're supposed to be polite to
them?

You get a much better class of apology if you manage to be seriously
insulting without resorting to calling the oiks at the cash till silly
names. A nicely (in the old fashioned sense) worded letter to the
company directors usually prods the minions into action.

If you read my earlier post about complaining to a garage, their parent
company and the car maker, I'm not so sure. It will depend on how much
they value their reputation. Garages seem to believe they have every right
to rip off their customers.

Never had a problem with B&Q.

Bought a flat pack filing cabinet from Homebase (in the Sainsbury days)
and then decided I wanted a second matching one. But it was now
discontinued. Found a display one which I bought but found missing some
bits that would be hard to replace. The branch offered a refund, but no
help in getting the missing parts. Wrote to head office and got a complete
hardware pack for one by return and free of charge. That was excellent
service as I'd paid well under the list price for the ex display one which
was otherwise fine.

--
*How many roads must a man travel down before he admits he is lost?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.