Don Spumey

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
nick smith wrote:
I need to pull some cable through a flexi plastic conduit which is a
little on the tight side - the cable is twin and earth and the
conduit is that grey flexi, convoluted stuff frequently seen on the
continent (as it came from there) and apparently there is a yellow
lubricant I think like a thin silicon grease that eases its way
through the conduit. I haven't got the yellow grease,....

so the question is.... is there a suitable everyday UK alternative ?

Hellerman sleeve oil - that's what's used to ease rubber sleeves onto
electronic cable. Electronics suppliers like RS etc. Quite pricey,
but a little goes a long way, and it keeps well.

Other thing might be a medical lubricant safe on latex etc gloves?
Probably more expensive, though.

I've always used KY Gel in these tight situations grin

Don.

---