Mary Fisher

"tim" wrote in message

"Andy Evans" wrote in message
On the face of it this is a bit like the "Home Truths" programme, but I'm
quite
serious. My mattress top is 2 ft 8ins above the floor, which is hardwood
with a
thin carpet. I don't fall out of bed to the best of my knowledge, but if
I did
I could do myself some damage. What actually stops us falling out of
bed -
there must be something? And when does this break down and deposit us
unawares
on the floor - nightmares? Drink? This has been playing on my mind. Any
ideas?
Any solutions? I have a single bed. Andy

Strange that you should ask this.
For the first time that I can remember I fell out of my bed a few weeks
ago. I woke up as I started to fall, in time to break my fall with my
hand. Weird experience

I must admit that I've been pushed out of bed ...

Spouse insists on cuddling up to me and because he twitches I move away from
him ... I've learned to push him away but used to be too fearful of
upsetting him to do that.

Forty five years cures you of such things. We have a very high bed, it's a
long way down.

Mary

tim