Andy Hall

Default Will the chancellor cane house owners in the budget?

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 22:14:37 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

I have been in every part of France and spend a hell of a lot of time there.
Flt tipping is rare indeed. Compared to London, Paris is immaculately
clean.

If you look in the areas surrounding the main railway stations,
especially Gare du Nord, Gard de l'Est and Montparnasse they are as
seedy and filthy as those around the London termini.

You can find relatively clean areas in both cities as well - for
example La Defense and the financial district of Docklands. They may
be clean, but walking through either of them on a winter morning when
the wind is blowing is not pleasurable.

It isn't supportable to say that the UK has a singularly bad problem
with respect to litter and similar social maladies.

It is. The place is filthy, especially after the Wicked Witch came to power.

It doesn't seem to have become noticably worse since 1997, I would
say, so I am not sure how you can say that.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl