Doctor D

"Phil Hughes" wrote in message
In article , Doctor
D writes
I use them on CFL's. I actually remove the normal light switch. You can

use
them as a normal switch by pressing the MODE button - on, off, auto,

random.

What do have in its place - a blanking plate?

One replaced a two gang switch, so I fitted a single gang. The other switch
in the garage controls the outside lights, so, yes, I fitted a blanking
plate. It saves confusion for the family with the other switches.

Mine take AAA batteries

Yeh, your right - just checked and so do mine. Been going over 12 months
now on one battery.

They last for ages on alkaline AAA's. The first sign of failure is that the
lights don't come on!

---