Mary Fisher

"Andy Evans" wrote in message
On the face of it this is a bit like the "Home Truths" programme, but I'm
quite
serious. My mattress top is 2 ft 8ins above the floor, which is hardwood
with a
thin carpet. I don't fall out of bed to the best of my knowledge, but if I
did
I could do myself some damage. What actually stops us falling out of bed -
there must be something? And when does this break down and deposit us
unawares
on the floor - nightmares? Drink? This has been playing on my mind. Any
ideas?
Any solutions? I have a single bed. Andy

It's exceedingly rare for anyone normal to fall out of bed, I don't know why
some people are so obsessed about it - mainly parents and bunk bed makers.
That's why upper bunk beds are so difficult and, I think, dangerous to climb
in and out of.

When we stay with one of our offspring we sleep in one of the girl's rooms,
I use the top bunk because I don't get up as often as Spouse does through
the night.

I hate it.

Same in Youth Hostels.

I'd rather sleep on the floor.

Don't worry about falling out of bed, it doesn't happen.

Sits back and waits for stories of people falling out every night ...

Mary