John Stumbles

raden wrote:
In message , John Stumbles
writes

Looking for a fast, intelligent charger for AA and AAA NiMHs (and
NiCds), with independent charge control for each cell, and effective
time and/or temperature safety cutoffs.

I.E. not like http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.stumbles/charger.jpg

Hmm... High capacity NiMH with the switch in NiCd position

might that have anything to do with it ?

Partly, but as someone else pointed out the mfr claims thermal cutout
and this charger obviously doesn't have that. Several other times I've
had AA cells (NiMH) cooked so hot the plastic sleeve has split. I'm
pretty sure the switch wasn't set to NiCd on all of these occasions.