Jonathan Baker-Bates

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 00:32:53 GMT, Lobster wrote:

"Jonathan Baker-Bates" wrote in message

So - do I wire it as http://www.userview.net/loop1.html, just as if there
were an extra live and earth? But how do I tell which is the switch

return?

So are you saying that your configuration doesn't match either of the
diagrams at userview.net? If not, could you just clarify exactly what you
*have* got connected to this ceiling rose - how many cables (which are made
up of multiple wires) and how many wires, of what colour?

That's right - none of the diagrams seem to apply. I have the following
coming out of my ceiling:

- L, N & E in one sheath from (I assume) the mains.
- L, N & E in another sheath.

Both the above are wired together - i.e. each L, N & E pair are together in
chock blocks (three of them).

- One black sheathed wire.

This is poking out between the above two bundles, not connected to
anything. The outside light and switch for it in the conservatory) is
working OK.

The original lighting fixture was removed by a plumber (fixing a pipe) and
I never thought to ask him how it was wired when he took it down.

Jonathan