Richard

(MBQ) wrote in message om...
(Richard) wrote in message . com...
Hello All,

I thought I'd ask for your opinions on purchasing a new Kitchen.

I have been trying to decide if spashing out 8-10K on a new kitchen is
really worthwhile or settling for an equivalent B and Q jobbie at a
quarter of the price would be better or serve us just as well. I had

Do you intend to DIY or buy a complete package? If the former, then
remember you can mix and match from any supplier if B&Q don't have the
door knobs or worktop you want or you want to go upmarket with
lighting, etc.

I found the B&Q "it" range to be very good quality. Delivery was on
time, no damaged units or shortages and very easy to install. I do
recommend the premium drawer system if you buy from B&Q.

MBQ

Great thanks for all your input.

I have just finished with the kitchen designer from our favourite
company so far (John Nicholls), this is the third visit and the price
is looking more like 15-18k now with appliances (Neff) and granite
floors, worktops and a few mods She has been very good and like the
JL designer has never been late, one downside is that she has been
rather un-inspiring. I like a designer to fill me full of ideas and
and to be enthusiastic I felt like I was leading all the time, not
sure if thats good or not really. Hope she doesn't read UK-DIY!

Anyway another question does anybody have any experience with the
Sheraton range of kitchens we're looking at the Mattonella which is
not a flat pack?

Also are nearly all carcases chipboard? that doesn't sound good to me

As far as DIY installation is concerned I'm not sure of this yet, I
have very limited experience with wood (Just read my skirting board
post!!! ) but could save myself 2.5K and another 1.5K for the laying
of some granite tiles. With a little help from a few mates and father
I think this may be possible.I have recently laid some granite tiles
in my hallway and it was back breaking work but I think it will be
worth the saving and it was a job well done.

Meanwhile I'm going to check out the B and Q IT range. Im still not
convinced that paying 15-18k is really worth it

BTW I liked the ALNO range I had a quick sqiz @ their website and
ordered a brochure.

Thanks all

Richard