tony sayer

In article ,
writes
On 8 Nov 2004 11:19:40 -0800,
(Richard) wrote:

Hello All,

I thought I'd ask for your opinions on purchasing a new Kitchen.

I have been trying to decide if spashing out 8-10K on a new kitchen is
really worthwhile or settling for an equivalent B and Q jobbie at a
quarter of the price would be better or serve us just as well. I had
kitchens Direct in not so long ago and they qouted me 14K which I
thought was a complete Pi!s take and have had other qoutes from people
like John Lewis and Nichols for around the 8-10K price mark. Today
whilst browsing through B and Q which has become my second home
recently I stumbled on their kitchen range and quite like the gloss
white offering they have. The money for this in comparison seems like
peanuts. One of my mates recently spent 32K on his kitchen!!!! it
looks real impressive but Im not sure you couldn't of got something a
third of that price which would of basically looked the same.

Can someone tell me if there really is that much difference in quality
to justify spending 10K on a new kitchen. We plan to stay in the house
for a long time and have plenty of other things that we could be
spending our money on as we have basically renovated the whole
downstairs thanks to a lot of help and advice from you folks.

My mrs was telling me that on one of the DIY programmes recently it
was mentioned that the average proce paid for a kitchen is 2K.

What questions should I be asking?

Any comments greatly appreciated as usual.

Cheers

Richard

I fitted the B+Q white gloss range about 2 years ago. I am very
pleased with it and as I have to live with it that is all that
matters.
I used good quality handles and other accessories and many people
comment on how nice it looks.

Personally I think there is a lot of snobbishness attached to fitted
kitchens. A house in our street has had three families in it in 4
years and each one has ripped out the kitchen and replaced it!

You say you like the look of the B+Q kitchen go ahead and buy it and
look at how much you will be saving to spend on other things.

My missus has been going on about a new kitchen for as long as I can
remember, BUT I still haven't had and quality assurance document from
her that the grub will improve)
--
Tony Sayer