Roger Breton

More importantly, transparent printers' inks are pale colours, each with a
covering capacity (opacity) of approximately 33%. They are dependant on the
reflected white light from the paper for their success. Magenta and Yellow
(strictly pale yellow) printers' inks, overlaid on white paper will produce
a very good red. Magenta and Yellow paint, mixed on a palette, will produce
a pale orange. Cyan and (pale) yellow transparent ink will produce a good
green (33% opacity on 33% opacity = 66% opacity). The same colours in paint

Alan, how do you operationalize 'covering capacity' or opacity? Do I average
out the spectral reflectance from 400 to 700nm out of my spectrophotometer?

Roger Breton