RichardS

"mikeyw" wrote in message
om...
Is there a general rule of thumb for deciding upon the number of
downlighters fitted in a bathroom ?

I am hoping to fit 50W chrome downlighters into my smallish bathroom
and can't decide on the number. The ceiling space is only 3.55m
squared so I was thinking along the lines of 4 or 5 downlighters
giving 200 or 250W in total.

Does this seem about right or will 5 be too many ?

The suite is plain white and I will position a very large mirror on
one wall to try and make the bathroom feel larger.

Any recommendations or methods to adopt here ?

Do you really have to have the waterproof ones above the bath ? - I
mean it would be one heck of a splash to get water right up to the
ceiling !

TIA,
Mike.

You'll need sunglasses to walk in there with that lot on!

I fitted 6x20W downlighters to a previous bathroom, that was perhaps 3m x
1.8m, and that gave a very high level of light. 50W lamps would have been
way too much. Go wide angle lamps rather than the spots, and for bathrooms
they need to be the glass-fronted enclosed type. I assume we're talking 12v
elv here?

--
Richard Sampson

mail me at