BigWallop

"Dave" wrote in message
BigWallop wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message

I've just insulated my Cardale up-and-over garage doors and now need to
increase the spring force to overcome the extra weight. I can't see a
safe way to increase the tension in the central clock-type spring.
What's the secret?

Dave S

An up and over door normally has two tension springs, one on either

runner,
that you can wind up tighter with a steel bar or big screw driver.

Doesn't
your door have this arrangement?

No, there's a "clock-type" spring in the centre with cables going off to
the edges of the door.

--
Dave S

And nothing obvious that looks like it could take a key or piece of metal
bar? Somewhere in the centre of the spring housing I would have thought
they'd give some kind of tension mechanism, or is it done by lengthening or
shortening the cables?

---