PoP

Default Thickness of ceiling joists in loft

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 16:13:42 -0000, "Mal"
wrote:

I'm not suggesting the room size is decided by HMG - just some *minimum*
dimensions - just like you have minimum standards applied to other aspects
of building. Why shouldn't room size be included as a measure of quality?

But don't forget that HMG get extra taxes by having more houses, in
the form of council tax which is applied to each property, so it's not
in HMG's interest to expand the footprint size of new houses - in fact
the reverse is true.

If you have two houses occupying AxB footprint then I believe the
council tax for those two properties will give government rather more
than having a single dwelling occupying 2xAxB. Not forgetting that the
latter house might well be in the topmost band so no matter what size
it was increased to it would still pay the same council tax.

PoP

Sending email to my published email address isn't
guaranteed to reach me.