Stefek Zaba

Andy Wade wrote:

There are still errors. ... there's a wiring digram showing a
3-core and earth take-off from a ceiling rose (for a fan) which doesn't
mention the need for red and black sleeving on the blue and yellow
cores. Nor is there any mention of 'new' colours.

D'oh! I'd noticed the absence of sleeving on the 3+E cores, then forgot
to mention it when describing the wiring pics as 'accurate'. I blame
encroaching old age, myself ;-) They could argue that the sleeving will
often be omitted on an existing install, but that's no excuse for not
advising that it should be put in when doing the rose-chockblock
conversion.

Their self-proclaimed expertise is clearly in drawing nice clear
pictures, which (as someone diagramatically challenged) I find
commendable. You'd-a-thunk they'd have the cash (since they don't like
to be thought of as a low-budget operation, and claim to 'consult' with
our good friends at Savoy Place) to pay a full day rate for a "true
expert" instead of hoping to Wiki their way to accuracy!

Stefek