Sunbeam

Default Why does this shock me?

This afternoon I turned off a switched fused spur supplying a 3kw water
heater and got a packet off the switch.
This is an MK dpdt thing with non-metallic front and pattress. Plastic for
want of a better word. Supply is from a 16A mcb via a 60A rccb.
All items and and cabling are new within the last 2 months.
All are located within an unheated outdoor, but waterproof, building.
Condensation may be a problem but there was no sign of any water in, on or
around the offending spur. I put a tester to the plastic casing and it
showed mains voltage over most of the surface.
Any ideas why I copped a packet and also why the rccb didn't trip?
Many thanks
Sunbeam