VisionSet

"Scott" wrote in message

"VisionSet" wrote in message
news

Anyone know of a good source of realistically priced good quality sealed
units?

That is double glazed unit I can replace regular panes of glass with.

What sort of total thickness do these things have?

And what sort of price would I expect to pay?

I went to my local glass shop and they made me some up at a very

reasonable
price.

I had 4 units made, 2 off 80x50mm and 2 off 50x50mm total price was £40
which I thought was reasonable. No doubt someone here will tell me I was
stung though! Go to a glass shop that also does double glazing, my shop
sells conservatories.

Total thickness was something like, 35mm, although I cannot really

remember.

35mm sounds very thick.
Are we talking about a glass unit that could be used to replace an existing
pane of glass, if the rebate were deep enough.
I guess I'm off to a non-start here, since I have 1930's windows with no
more than a 20mm rebate.
Just that the 1930's windows are sound, look nice and they knew how to
season wood in those days!

--
Mike W