chris French

In message , Peter Ramm
writes
On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 15:54:07 GMT, John Stumbles
wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Tony Eva wrote:

John Stumbles wrote:

Looking for a fast, intelligent charger for AA and AAA NiMHs (and
NiCds), with independent charge control for each cell, and effective
time and/or temperature safety cutoffs.

Maybe it's just a case of cheap = not so cheerful?

Don't need all of that crap. Decent fast delta peak detecting charger
avialable from any model shop will charge 4-10 cells in series fast
accurately and safely.

You will have to arrange your own cradles, or do as I did, and modify
equipment to take model type packs.

I need something that'll charge cells independently because often enough
odd numbers of cells get used in kids' toys, so you end up with a
handful at different - and unknown - states of charge.

I use a torch to totally discharge all to the same empty status before
recharging.

Yeah but that is another thing to do....., to forget to do, etc.

Yes you can do this, you can use model pack type chargers and fiddle
around with moding stuff or makeing up a cradle etc. (and if you want to
do this fine, it's a not a criticism of some ones choice)

But IMO it's just so much easier to by decent charger as mentioned, keep
it in handy location and just pop the batteries in when they need it
--
Chris French, Leeds