IMM

Default Thickness of ceiling joists in loft

"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
In article , Mal
wrote:
I'll say again - there needs to be some regulations covering
minimum room dimensions. That is what will make a difference
to the vast majority of people who can only afford one of these
cookie-cutter estate houses.

Parker Morris in the 1960's laid down minimum floor areas for
Council housing but I don't think it place of HMG to tell people
how big their rooms should be -

I think it is. At least the minimum sizes. A 3 bed house should have
minimum room sized as they generally have 5 people in them. You need a
toiler downstairs, so they can give minimum room sizes, and also minimum
sized plots and proximity etc.

if people want to pay big money
for a Barratt house or Victorian
cottage with tiny rooms that is
their choice.

In certain price brackets you have no choice, they are all poky.

We could (in places already are) adopt the system of
quoting the internal floor area so you could very quickly see
whether it was spacious or poky, and such information might (or
might not) change buyers perceptions

Not about buyers, it is about minimum living space in new houses, although
the squ foot is useful.