SB

Hi,

Are you in the UK?

If yes check out
http://www.index.co.uk/rf/navigation...rtial&Np=1&N=0

That's where I got mine

-----------------

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
Andy Dingley notes:

There is some
competition here in the States, but I don't know about the UK.

Really ? There is _no_ competition for Workmates in the UK. B&D
have _ferociously_ defended the brand and the design. There are a
few vaguely similar machines, but nothing gets close. Wolf and Triton
have some large "machinery centres" that are static folding benches
without the clamping, and there are some very minimal Lucky WorkFriend
cheap "trestle clamps" with no worktop space on top. Neither is any
substitute for the Workmate.

If you ever get the chance, snap up an old cast aluminium H frame
Workmate - a bit nicer than the pressed steel versions.

I'd love to have one of the old versions, but I've only seen ONE.

Sears and Wolfcraft put out competitive models some time ago. There were

enough
differences that no patents seemed to be infringed--back in '78 or so, B&D

was
getting ready to sue Sears over their then model. I don't know what

because of
that suit, but my guess is it was settled out of court. When you look at

the
time span, you realize that for the U.S., the patent dates are long past.
Direct copies of the older versions would be dead legal, I'd guess.

Charlie Self
"If a politician found he had cannibals among his constituents, he would
promise them missionaries for dinner." H. L. Mencken