bob

I've seen the SawStop guys at woodworking shows for years, and the product
is still not widely available. Last check, I think they were still taking
"deposits". Must have one heck of a VC behind them all these years.

"tzipple" wrote in message
Saw that article this month (Fine Woodworking) on SawStop. With thousands
of amputations a year occuring with tablesaw accidents, any bets on how
long it takes for this to be a standard feature? It seems to me that it
will get hard for manufacturers to avoid it, if for no other reason than
to head off lawsuits from people who claim that the manufactures had the
option to manufacture a safer saw. And if it works and is reasonable
priced, it is probably a good thing to have as standard equipment... like
seatbelts, airbags, etc.