Tony Bryer

Default Thickness of ceiling joists in loft

In article , Mal
wrote:
I'll say again - there needs to be some regulations covering
minimum room dimensions. That is what will make a difference
to the vast majority of people who can only afford one of these
cookie-cutter estate houses.

Parker Morris in the 1960's laid down minimum floor areas for
Council housing but I don't think it place of HMG to tell people
how big their rooms should be - if people want to pay big money
for a Barratt house or Victorian cottage with tiny rooms that is
their choice. We could (in places already are) adopt the system of
quoting the internal floor area so you could very quickly see
whether it was spacious or poky, and such information might (or
might not) change buyers perceptions

Free SEDBUK boiler database browser
http://www.sda.co.uk/qsedbuk.htm