Jim Behning

I have used one to rip 3/4" yellow pine in 1/8" strips. The feeder
does hold the wood tight against the fence. We set it up with a little
twist that pushes the the wood against the fence. If you are doing a
lot of ripping it takes the job from highly skilled labor and much
fatigue to less skill required and less operator tension. Most have a
few feed speeds to match the wood to the saw's power and your own
speed. I personally used the feeder in a shop where it was already set
up so I cannot comment on brands. I cannot even comment on that brand
as I had that job 15 years ago.

(Peter) wrote:

Can anyone give me advice on stock feeders. I have small production
shop. I have just ripped 3864 feet of red cedar by hand. This is only
first order of many. I thought a power stock feeder would be the way
to go. Do they work well in keeping the stock tight up against the
fence. Any draw backs to them. All advice is appreciated. BTW My saw
is a 3 Hp

Thanks

Peter