Josey

Default Paint for concrete garage floor?

"al" wrote in message
Been thinking of painting my garage floor as it's always magically dusty,

as
only a rough concrete floor can do! First of all, do I need to prime/seal
it with something special, or do the floor paints do that with the first
coat?

Second of all - I've seen "special" garage floor paints which are at least
£5 a tin more than normal floor paints. All I can see on the tin to

justify
this is that they are .. ahem .. heat resistant against hot tyres. Now it
may just be me, but even when I drive the be-Jesus outta my car and park

it
up, the tires get just above a temperature that's bearable to touch. In
general terms that's not really *that* hot though. The brakes and engine

on
the other hand would blind a man with night-goggles on!

Does normal paint really not withstand the "massive" heat of just above
comfortable hand hot tyres? Is it just a rip off? Has anyone found paint
attached to their tyres the next morning due to thermal meltdown of the
floor!?

You could just seal it with PVA diluted with water (instructions on the
container for mix) otherwise if you use special paints they often still need
to be diluted (spirits) before the first coat.

Jc.