LRod

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 20:19:13 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article WJ8ld.94$N_5.13@trnddc03, Lobby Dosser wrote:

LOL! Never, ever reveal vulnerability.

Or uncertainty.

We received some rather close questioning coming into Canada on a vacation.
We'd spent part of our trip fishing and camping, and were intending to do more
after returning to the States. The Canadian customs inspector asked if we were
carrying "any weapons". My split-second of hesitation, as I considered whether
Canadian customs might consider a hammer and various assorted knives to fall
into that category, led to some intense and specific questions regarding
whether we own firearms of any type (yes), handguns (yes), and do we have them
with us (certainly not - I know better than that). I'm still a bit surprised
that they allowed us in *without* a search.

In the context of the purpose of the question, a "no" answer to
whether you owned firearms would have not only been defensible, but
efficient. Since you didn't have any with you (which is what the
concern is), the fact that you do or don't have some sitting at home
is utterly irrelevant and wouldn't/couldn't be checked, and in any
event couldn't be pursued.

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net