Bob G.

My theory - Much of the venom is coming from older folks who feel betrayed
by Sears and are just ****ed. Any truth to this?

========================
I am in my 60's so I guess I am qualified as an older guy.... I ahev
also NOT read a single reply to your post...(yet)

I would NOT under any circumstances open my wallet for any Craftsman
power tool manufactured after 1975 ....PERIOD !

Having said that I equipted my shop in the mid to late 60's and almost
every tool I bought was Craftsman.... (sears Credit what can I say)

Anyway I still have my original floor model drill press and it has
absolutely been a workhorse ...replaced the belt once in all that time
and more then a few light bulbs...but nothing else...

I still have my original Radial Arm Saw that I now use only as a cut
off saw... but its fine ...have not moved it off 90 degress in 25
years or so....

My 6" belt/disk sander still works just fine...although I have had to
play with the tracking mechanism more times then I care to admit and I
can not remember the last time I even had a disk on the the
thing...little or no need for it for my projects...

I also still use my 12 inch Band Saw too....BUT I am not about to
claim that it is anything more then marginal at best... does what I
want but does need to be replaced with something larger and more
powerful...timberwolf blades make it marginal...

Gone FOR years are my original Lathe, Table saw, & Jointer
All were marginal at best... (this was 60's equiptment BTW )

I do not feel I was betrayed by Sears....(well it would be nice if
they still had repair departments in their stores or would sell you a
3 dollar belt without charging you 15 bucks to ship it... )...

Just my opinion...

Bob Griffiths

..