IMM

Default Towel Rails

"Jack" wrote in message
Hello

We're in the process of having our central heating refurbished - new

boiler
plus radstats and tankstat.
As a result of losing the gravity circulation, our upstairs rads will now
only be warm when the central heating is on - ie not also when the hot

water
is on. To make up for this we are thinking of replacing the bathroom
radiator with an electrically assisted towel rail - so that it can be
switched on when the heating is off.

I'm a little concerned about the mixture of hot-water (=corrosion), mains
voltage and bathrooms. How safe are these installations, what special
safeguards do they need and what level of professional qualification do I
need to look for in an installer. In particular, can these devices

generally
be safely installed by corgi registered plumbers as part of the
refurbishment or do we need to get in an electrician?

Many Thanks
Jack

The bathroom towel rail/rad can operate in summer by taking the flow after
the pump and before the zone vale(s). This is best.