Bob Schmall

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On 10 Nov 2004 16:12:22 GMT, otforme (Charlie Self)
calmly ranted:

Eric Johnson responds:

I don't mind the farmers when they are out near the livestock but I drive
by
a place on the way to work and they have mercury vapor d.t.d. lights
literally screwed to the north and south gable ends of their new country
home. Makes me want to knock on the door and ask 'em if they're afraid of
the dark why did they move out here.
I was thinking you were going to mention the northern lights we've been
seeing here in southern WI for the last few days. Now thats light
pollution
I can live with.

The astronomers at Mt. Palomar Observatory had been screaming for
years about the light pollution in North San Diego County when the
county decided to change over to the amber lights which kept the
vertical glare down to a bare minimum. I applauded their sense.

Yes, well, this is a bit too far south for the nothern lights. I have
missed
them for a long, long time now.

Here ya go. Mario pointed me at this earlier this week and
I'm very glad. I've never seen them in person.

Try this:

Bob