Chris Hornberger

"Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" wrote in message
I am about to build a new workbench in our basement. I have my own
ideas but would like to get ideas and potentially plans from
others.

Anybody know where I might find such helpful information on the net?

I did this one:

http://www.chornbe.com/newhouse/firstproject/

It's taller than most, not because I'm tall (I'm not!) but because I have
back problems and wanted to stand up straight. Since building it, I've added
pegboard to the back, a fold-down step (like the ones you find in church
pews), sanded and poly'd it (used bowling alley wax on the top!), added
another front-to-back stringer down bottom and a deck down there for tool
boxes and such, and added a bench vise and several dog holes. It does the
trick nicely. It's also about 1 1/2 times as deep (front to back) as most
work benches, so I've got tons of room. It cost me... $45? or so, not
including the bench vise. I had the poly and wax already here, so that was a
previously absorbed cost.