Edwin Pawlowski

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
I think it's these blasted dusk to dawn insurance lights. Every small
church
has at least five (insurance companies require them at every entrance and
every
obstacle of certain types). Many houses, including one across the road,
and two
others a quarter mile up the road, have one.

I guess those are basic directional pointers for thieves, much like a sign
saying, "Hey, here's something worth stealing".

I wonder just how much oil we could save by turning out some lights. Flying
into a city airport in the wee hours I see thousands of street lights, but
don't see any traffic. Entire industrial parks are well lit but no one
working. Businesses have signs lit on their closed stores and no on on the
streets to read them. Just seems plain silly.

But I did get the placement figured out for my two doors. I can warm the
shop
and get those cut today.

Charlie Self
"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and
hence
clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of
hobgoblins, all of them imaginary." H. L. Mencken