WoodMangler

Charlie Self did say:

I love this time of year, early morning before it's light, and nippy air that
helps clear the head. Today, I need to cut some cabinet doors, and I don't want
to waste plywood, so I was standing outside thinking it out--this sometimes
works better than pencil and paper--when I realized my rural area was suffering
from a bit of light pollution that wasn't here a few years ago.

I think it's these blasted dusk to dawn insurance lights. Every small church
has at least five (insurance companies require them at every entrance and every
obstacle of certain types). Many houses, including one across the road, and two
others a quarter mile up the road, have one.

I guess those are basic directional pointers for thieves, much like a sign
saying, "Hey, here's something worth stealing".

But I did get the placement figured out for my two doors. I can warm the shop
and get those cut today.

Just how difficult is it to create light fixtures that direct all of the
light DOWN? One of the great things about where I live was the night sky.
Now, I get to see about 75% of it due to the streetlights glaring skyward.