Mike Mitchell

Default Will the chancellor cane house owners in the budget?

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 12:46:33 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

I am basically an ABC, Anyone But Conservative. But New Lab, is aiming for
desperately needed constitutional change, so they have to stay. The country
have to break these elf interest Medieval institutions.

I'm all for modernisation, but Labour is breaking the kinds of
traditions that have served Britain so well for centuries. Lord Woolf
today warned against the Draconian proposals to change the justice
system, and hardly a day goes by when Blunkett doesn't try out his
latest "Heydrich" manoeuvre. We already have the largest prison
population in Europe, yet the Govt seems desperate to lock ever more
people away, while preventing Maxine Carr from utilising HDC, a
thoroughly political decision merely to appease the right-wing gutter
press.

Basically, this Labour government is not the Labour of old, neither is
it Tory or liberal, but some weird hybrid, led by Tony Blair in a very
dogmatic, but wrong, fashion. I dread to think what Blair actually has
in his mind as the ideal blueprint for Britain over the next ten,
twenty years, but I'll bet not many citizens will like it much.

MM