Dave

The front vice and shoulder vice seem to be straightforward and as you
described below. I'm wondering about modifying the shoulder vice so the
screw could stay in place and go into a horizontal recess in the tabletop.
In use one would simply place the face on the screw and be on your way. Of
course the screw would have to come out when long items are in the front
vice.

I appreciate any thoughts and insight.

Dave
"AAvK" wrote in message
newsd9kd.92018$bk1.10735@fed1read05...

Thanks to you both. I really like the 3-in-1. I'll look into that a
little
more.

I mean it looks really easy and innovative, all you need is front vise
hardware,
put in a longer jaw that goes off to the right a bit further, tap and
thread, have
a block of wood as the spacer and you're on all the way. Even then, you
might
be able to use a shorter bench screw instead of tapping and threading.
With that
you'd need to be able to remove the face that's on that bench screw.

Alex