Mark

Default Potterton Profile problem

Ed Sirett typed:

The good news is that the unit is probably young enough to qualify
for a maintenance contract with a large company who specialize in
such things.

This is likely money well spent wink.

We are talking here about a Barcelona. These boilers are not the
greatest of designs. I have no idea what the fault was that caused
them to go for a total redesign. The fault that caused me to have to
exchange one was because it failed to drive the combustion fan, (if I
had blindly followed the fault finding guide I would have replaced
the fan).

Thanks for the info, so far I've been very lucky with CH boilers and only
had pump/timer failures in rented houses/flats.
Which I've been able to fix myself.
Looks like I well have to line up a reliable CH engineer to handle all the
electronics on these modern contraptions.
Alternatively I may buy up all the remaining stock of non-condensing
non-elec, gravity feed boilers I can find !
probably be cheaper in the long run :-)

--
Mark