Ed Sirett

Default Potterton Profile problem

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 00:10:38 +0000, Mark wrote:

Ed Sirett typed:

The only boiler PCB I know of that has been totally redesigned is
one of the ones in a Baxi Barcelona.

They must have been really desperate to do that.

Bugger bums, just bought a house (for letting) with one of these
fitted. Do you know why it needed the redesign/what the usual fault
was?

The good news is that the unit is probably young enough to qualify
for a maintenance contract with a large company who specialize in
such things.

This is likely money well spent wink.

LOL
But I would still be interested in knowing what the fault was the demanded
such drastic action.
Forewarned is forearmed

We are talking here about a Barcelona. These boilers are not the greatest
of designs. I have no idea what the fault was that caused them to go for a
total redesign. The fault that caused me to have to exchange one was
because it failed to drive the combustion fan, (if I had blindly followed
the fault finding guide I would have replaced the fan).

The new board has so far continued to work (about 15 months and still
going - so far).

The FAQ for uk.diy is at
www.diyfaq.org.uk