BobS

Bernie Hunt is still hosting some plans I made several years back for
someone wanting to make a workbench with minimal tools and low cost
materials. You may want something better but the plans provide some
construction details that may be of help. These plans were developed from an
article in FWW of a workbench that used a 3" thick hard-maple top and all
hardwood construction. Estimated material cost was about $600. The basic
design is the same as the bench in the article but the construction method
and materials were changed to make it more affordable.

My own bench is of similar design, it's as solid now as the day I built it
and I've had over 500 lbs sitting on the top of it and no wobble. I've added
the Twin Screw end-vise from Lee Valley and a 6" front vise to round it out
as a real work horse.

Bob S.

"Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" wrote in message
I am about to build a new workbench in our basement. I have my own
ideas but would like to get ideas and potentially plans from
others.

Anybody know where I might find such helpful information on the net?