J. Dent

The picture is in a book called the Art of Making Elegant Jewelry Boxes
written by Tony Lydgate.
(Sterling Publishing Co. Inc, New York)
Pg 55 is a picture of a Bristlecone Pine Box by Paul & Cinda Brimhall of
Colarado.
The curved drawers shown are re-glued with the black filling in the joins.
Because the joins are both straight angles and curved I think the black
caulking seems like the answer. It looks very neat and intentional.
Thanks, Jaz
Also it's a great book anyway.

"moore" wrote in message
om...
I'm not sure about the bandsaw box you described, but a typical teak
boat deck would be installed much like a regular outdoor patio deck
where you use a small spacer between the boards. The space is then
filled (on a boat that is) with a polysulfide caulk which is usually
black.

Do you have a link to a picture of the box you're talking about?

"J. Dent" wrote in message

I was looking at some photos of bandsaw boxes when I noticed that on

one,
the joins where the different pieces were re-glued back together, seemed

have a neat black line between the two pieces. It gave it a nice hi-lite

on
the join rather than trying to hide it. How is this done?

I remember seeing something similar on boat decking where there was a

black
line between the boards that made up the deck.

Thanks Jaz.