On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 20:34:27 -0800, Pete Martin
wrote:

When I was in Phoenix, I had that issue. I wanted to build the
sharpening system from the drill press. Of course, I didn't have a drill
press at the time. Now I do and we've moved. I've lost that issue. Is
there someone that could scan and email that particular article?

As an alternative, I'll take any and all suggestions on sharpening. I've
yet to actually do it (sharpen anything other than the lawn mower blade
- and rough at that!) so any suggestions, hints, books, etc would be
welcome.

pete

unless the drill press is way stouter than today's typical taiwanese
morse taper chuck mounted machines it'll make a lousy sharpening
machine.

this book is a good place to start:
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.asp?page=32991&category=1,46096,46107&abspage =1&ccurrency=2&SID=