Prometheus

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 21:22:55 GMT, "Jim Weidenfeller"
wrote:

I am in the market for a new bandsaw. Looking for 14". Minimal resaws
although
there may be some in the future.
Recommendations so far include: Delta, Powermatic, Grizzley and Laguna.
Would like to
stay in the $1,000 price range.

Whew... for under $1000, you could get one of those 17" Grizzleys-
possibly a 19", with S&H and all. I don't have one *yet* myself, but
a fellow woodworker in the area has one, and I was checking it out
when helping him build his shop- they're nice peices of machinery for
the price! So far, I don't like Delta for bandsawing, but I only have
a 9" benchtop, so there may be a signifigant increase in quality when
you move to a larger model.

Any suggestions from anyone.
Thanks

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam