Larry Blanchard

In article ,
otforme says...
And it might do something to slow our ever growing overpopulation
problem as well.

We have a consumption problem, but the real population problem resides in
China, India and much of what is known as the Third World.

Oh, they definitely have a worse problem than us, but we have one too.
The US population has been doubling every 60 years or so. That's right
on the world average.

The average is lowered by the European nations, many of which have a
stable or even decreasing population.

I've seen studies (who knows how good they are) that give the sustained
carrying capacity of the US portion of North America as anywhere from 65
million to 125 million, both of those way below our current population.

And every time our birthrate goes way down, the politicians increase
immigration. I get the feeling our economy is one big Ponzi scheme.
Just think what would happen to the housing industry if all we needed
was replacement housing.