Steve Williams

Sam

More information often helps. What wood and how thick also what jigsaw.

Good blades help, generally Bosch in the UK. Cheaper jigsaws don't always
cut straight, it may be that you have to hold the body of the saw slightly
out of line with the cut to cut straight.

If your interested in some of the other suggestions given here. For a hand
saw I would suggest to start with one of the hard point saws from Axminster
preferable 10pt. With a Diston you would at some time need to find a saw
sharpening service which are becoming hard to find.

For a circular saw something from B&Q or Axminster would do fine. The ones
from B&Q don't always work well at first, you do the quality control rather
than the manufacturer which is reflected in the price but they will swap
them under guarantee. Two further points if it is for cutting ply or MDF
laying it on a sheet of 25mm polystyrene and cutting through the sheet and
5mm into the polystyrene works very well. Also check with your parents
before buying they have funny ideas about their 13yr old sons keeping all
their fingers which circulars saws are very good at removing.

Hope this helps

Steve
"Sam Berlyn" wrote in message
Hi,
I have a jigsaw, but it's really hard to cut straight.
What do you lot recommend??

--
If you wish to email me in future or to reply, my email address is:

---